Getting into the world of modeling can be a daunting task and sometimes expensive. We've talked to quite a few aspiring models and they all seem to present the same questions..."what photos do I need done?", "Do I need a portfolio", "How do I approach an agency?" and the one we get all the time "Everyone tells me I'm too short to model, are they right?"
It was these kind of questions that convinced us to offer photography services for aspiring models such as test shots to help evaluate what type of modeling you would like to do. Important information such as getting comfortable working with a photographer, basic posing & general modeling and even photography information. These services also help you better decide if this is what you want to do without spending a lot of money on full photography sessions, consider it an informational rehearsal shoot & consultation.
There is a lot to learn and we can help you get started.
* Online gallery proofing (great for tracking your progress).
* Comfortable non-intimidating test shot sessions.
* Complete explanations all they way through the shoot about posing, lighting, being on sets & locations.
All starting at a very affordable price
Models know that updating their portfolio is very important, they need to keep up with the fastest changing industry out there. Trends change constantly!
If you are looking to stay ahead by expanding your collection of images we can help!
We can provide you with a viewable gallery here on our site (no more losing or damaging discs of your photos) that you can share with friends, family & clients.
You can order prints right from your gallery in the standard modeling industry size of 9 x12 (other sizes available) & have them shipped directly to you!
* Relaxed but professional sessions
* Professional make-up artist by request
* Online gallery proofing
* We use professional dslr cameras, lighting & equipment
* Model portfolio size prints (9x12)
* From basic studio isolated photos all the way to full production shoots.
What to bring to a photo shoot (basics for your model bag):
• Headband, hair ties/bands, bobby pins
• Brushes, combs
• Hair appliances (curling iron, rollers, straighteners)
• Skin cleanser and moisturizer (Arrive bare-faced for shoots with makeup artists)
• Make-up kit
• Cotton balls and cotton swabs
• Body lotion for dry skin
• Clear or nude nail polish, clippers, nail file, polish remover
• Press on nails (French Manicure style)
• Lip balm
• false eyelashes
• Shoes (High heels and flats – black is a must)
• Black, white and flesh toned underwear (thongs recommended for less lines)
• Assortment of bras (black, white, nude, and strapless)
• Plain black and white socks
• Hose/nylons in Nude and black
• Yoga pants or similar for lounging
• Strapless top
• Light dressing robe
• Safety pins, small sewing kit, clothes pins, clear nail polish (for runs)
• Scarf or makeup mask to prevent makeup transfer
• Headache & allergy medication, razor, eye drops, feminine products.
• Music you like, books or magazines for downtime
• Bring your portfolio and/or any images of concepts you would like to try for future shoots.
• Bottled water & snacks
• Planner/calendar or notebook with pens
1. Get plenty of rest: Have a good night’s sleep the night before the shoot. Avoid partying the night before a photo shoot.
2. Try not to wear tight or restrictive clothes before a shoot. These can cause lines in the skin which can take quite long to disappear.
3. Arrive early to allow time for planning & make-up
4. Do not experiment with new skin treatments the night before the shoot. Any new treatment can cause skin irritations or allergic reactions. Test out the treatments well in advance of the shoot in order to know how your skin will react and how long your skin needs to recover.
5. Practice posing. There is a wealth of information available including hundreds of videos online that demonstrate posing technique (beginner to advanced) the more you memorize as far as posing with or without products the smoother a shoot will become.
If you are a new or current client that is looking to use our commercial photography services and your thinking about including a model in your next project let us know.
Here are some of the models we work with http://www.lopshire.net/Models
Availability changes depending on model "status" such as schedules, time frame, prior commitments & style of shoot.
Please contact us with any questions.
"It truly has been a pleasure working with Rob. I have never met anyone so dedicated to their craft and willing to share their creativity. Rob always makes sure that you are comfortable and receive everything that you may need. Not only is he professional, but he just makes the whole experience a fun time and great memory" ~LEXY
"My daughter Chelsea was interested in getting into modeling. I was fortunate enough to contact Rob Lopshire. Rob is not only is an amazing talent, he is also a teacher. He made my daughter feel comfortable and taught her alot along the way. We both found the process very enjoyable. In the end Chelsea has a beautiful portfolio. We look forward to working with Rob again in the near future"~Julie
...this being said a number of models we work with request that we act as their agent until they sign with a model management group, you never know maybe someday we will look into starting an agency.
We do however use models in our commercial & business photography projects as well as provide model test shots,agency submission photos & modeling portfolio sessions.